Come march with
Saints Francis & Clare of Assisi and Our Lady of the Greenwood Catholic Churches in the 2017 Greenwood Freedom Parade!
Date: Saturday, June 24th
Time: Parade begins at 12:00 pm.
Click here to sign-up to walk
It is SO FUN!! Come join Saints Francis & Clare of Assisi (SSFC) and Our Lady of the Greenwood (OLG) Catholic Churches as we form a group to march in the 2017 Greenwood Freedom Parade on Saturday, June 24th! The theme of the parade is "GREAT AMERICAN PAST-TIMES". The parade is an easy way to have FUN and represent SSFC!
What do you need to know?
- Come ready to have FUN! The parade starts at 12:00 pm. We will be meeting up in the OLG parking lot between 11:00 am & 11:30 am. If you get there early enough, you can park in the OLG parking lot. Remember that they will be closing roads around the parade route around 11:30!Use Main Street as Smith Valley Road is closed.
- Dress comfortably and be sure to wear walking shoes. Wear red, white and blue colors. Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts are invited to wear their uniforms.
- Don’t’ forget a hat and sunscreen!
- Parking - If you get there early enough, you can park in the OLG parking lot. If not, parking at Rural King and walking over to us is recommended.
- Parade Route: The parade begins at Greenwood Middle School. It then proceeds north on Meridian St., turns onto Broadway St., and then turns again onto Madison Avenue. This will bring us back to the Middle School. (see map below)
- We will be handing out candy and several small items as we walk. It is against parade rules to throw any of our items into the crowd.
- Wagons and strollers are permitted. You are encouraged to decorate your "vehicle".
- We will have coolers full of chilled water. Everyone will need to drink plenty of it! At the end of the parade, we will have ice cream and popsicles! Please put your name and the number of people you will be bringing on the sign-up list so we can make sure we have enough refreshments.
- When we are finished with our ”after parade celebrating”, feel free to explore the other festivities. The Freedom Festival runs from 1:00 pm – 10:00 pm.
- If you have questions, please contact Sue LaRue, 317-319-8963, email@example.com .